Friday 8 June 2018

A Couple of Dragonflies

Another "catch up" post...

Besides birds, dragonflies are another really big interest of mine. I caught these two on May 27th, which was probably my first "good" dragonfly day of the year.

Common Green Darners are common spring to fall residents in London. This was actually my first time ever being able to catch this species. It certainly did not make for easy extraction from the net!


The second one is a Beaverpond Baskettail, which I believe is very unusual in this area of Ontario. On iNaturalist this is actually a first county record, and the most southern record in Ontario. iNaturalist, like eBird, is not the be all end all, so I'd be interested to know what other records there are of this species in the area!


No comments:

Post a Comment