Wednesday 15 August 2018

I got the (Little) Blues

Okay, there was just one, but I really wanted to use that title.

On Friday, the day before I left for James Bay, I went and saw the Little Blue Heron, a rare bird in Ontario, reported from Wildwood Lake in Oxford county. I have tried and failed at Little Blues before, so I was hoping to redeem myself.

I am happy to report it was present!

It was fairly close at first, but soon after I arrived, it flew further back.


But just before I left it made a flyby, and I must say, I am very happy with the photos I got!




I'd say this bird showing up was perfect timing!


***This is a scheduled post, so if you are reading this within a couple weeks of when it was posted, I am currently on the coast of James Bay trying not to get eaten by a bear :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment